The Flame | Sebastian Salvo on “Impersonal” Storytelling and the Challenges of a Big Composition
In this video you will learn about:
• An “impersonal” approach to storytelling
• Knowing a character’s “backstory” to increase credibility
• Showing psychology through a prop
• Serving the characters – not yourself!
• At the end: enhancing what is already there
• Directing the attention of the audience
• Why you NEED a compositional sketch…
• The function of having less contrast towards the periphery
• The importance of proportions and contour line
• Blackness/darkness must not be too monochrome
• Making “dead” spaces more active
▶️ Full video (43 min): https://www.patreon.com/posts/flame-sebastian-87774753
🎵 Full audio: https://caveofapelles.com/podcast
SHOUTOUT to our TOP SPONSORS!
Would you like to get access to exclusive content from The School of Apelles?
✨ Become a $10 patron: https://patreon.com/caveofapelles/
Subscribe to our newsletter. It is the only way to make sure that you receive content from us on a regular basis:
Check out our other channels:
Cave of Apelles | https://bit.ly/3fBGQ1I
Culture Wars | https://bit.ly/2PkrYdq
Visit our facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/caveofapelles Make sure to subscribe to our channel over at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/caveofapelles/ For inquiries — firstname.lastname@example.org