A Hidden Treasure among Painters: Olga Boznańska | Kristine Onsrud & Jan-Ove TuvKristine Onsrud and Jan-Ove Tuv sit down to talk about the 19th century Polish painter Olga Boznańska and her loose manner of painting. The topics covered in this episode include:
• Who was Olga Boznańska?
• Edvard Munch and the squinting test
• Boznańska VS. Helene Schjerfbeck
• Jack the Ripper (aka. Walter Sickert)
• Self-portrait at Age Twenty-two by Munch
• Portrait of the painter Anna Saryusz-Zaleska by Boznańska
• “The Sick Child” (1986) by Munch
• Boznańska VS. Bonard
• Bonard VS. Matisse (comparing an old master to a psychopath)
• Lack of philosophical training in traditional painting academies
• Combining two opposite principles to achieve a masterpiece
• Boznańska: achieving flatness and volume simultaneously
• The concept of colors being friends
• Getting an unfinished totality instead of a finished detail
• The problem of hyper-realism and painting from photo
• Jacques Louis David’s portrait of Madame Récamier
• Constable, Rembrandt and Titian: their loose manner of painting
• Titian’s Pietà and the concave shape of Mary Magdalene’s head
• Eugene Carriére and his “floating figures”
This is a preview of an episode from the 🔥 Dark Flame series. To get access to the full conversation and more exclusive material, become a $5 patron at https://patreon.com/caveofapelles
The conversation was produced by Bork S. Nerdrum and assisted by Carl August Klevjer.
The centerpiece was a 19th century reproduction of G. F. Watts’ Hope.
SHOUTOUT to our TOP SPONSORS!
Jon Harald Aspheim
Anders Berge Christensen
Hårek Jordal Andreassen
Jack Entz Warner
Would you like to get access to exclusive content from The Cave of Apelles?
✨ Become a $5 patron: https://patreon.com/caveofapelles/
Subscribe to our newsletter. It is the only way to make sure that you receive content from us on a regular basis:
Check out our other channels:
School of Apelles: https://bit.ly/3wuWeTA
Culture Wars: https://bit.ly/2PkrYdq
Visit our facebook page:
Make sure to subscribe to our channel over at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/caveofapelles/
For inquiries — firstname.lastname@example.org