Jan-Ove Tuv observes Seth Fite as he continues to work on the painting of the ram skull with a water-based medium.
In this video you will learn about:
- Letting layers play together
- Using the white paper to get glowing colours
- Creating structure by dry brushing with small brush
- Using small strokes to gradually go darker
- “Wild” use of a small brush
- Using black ink in dark shadows
- Letting accents of colour “ignite” surrounding colour
- Making darks cooler by superimposing lighter colour
- How to work with background and surroundings
- Achieving a “sentimental glow” around your motif
- Adding colour and texture simultaneously
The board used by Seth Fite in this video: https://www.strathmoreartist.com/draw-bristol/id-500-series-bristol
SHOUTOUT to our TOP SPONSORS!