Honoring our Ancestors and Building a Positive Alternative by Regarding History as Present
What are we if we do not pay heed to and respect our ancestors?
Carl Korsnes, Alastair Blain & Jan-Ove Tuv sit down to talk about how to revitalize the circular view of life.
Topics from the conversation:
- Honoring ancestry
- Linear vs circular time
- Aristotle, Epictetus, Kierkegaard and Shostakovich
- Regarding history as present: Franz Brentano and Ayn Rand
- Revitalizing the circular view of life
- The value of being humiliated
- The Myers-Briggs test and not taking it personal
- The importance of a logical argument
- Art as the evil twin of the Enlightenment
- Building a positive alternative vs Scrutonism
- The genius craze
This episode was filmed and edited by Bork Nerdrum.
The centerpiece was a 19th century reproduction of G. F. Watts’ Hope.
SHOUTOUT to our TOP SPONSORS!
Anders Berge Christensen
Jon Harald Aspheim
Jack Entz Warner
Would you like to get access to exclusive content from The Cave of Apelles?
✨ Become a $5 patron: https://patreon.com/caveofapelles/
Subscribe to our newsletter. It is the only way to make sure that you receive content from us on a regular basis:
Check out our other channels:
School of Apelles: https://bit.ly/3wuWeTA
Culture Wars: https://bit.ly/2PkrYdq
Visit our facebook page:
Make sure to subscribe to our channel over at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/caveofapelles/
For inquiries — firstname.lastname@example.org