How the Kitsch Questionnaire Helps Kitschmen and Artists Clarify their Values
Jan-Ove Tuv sits down with Nic Thurman to talk about the difference between kitsch and art, focusing on the Kitsch Questionnaire developed by Öde and Bork Nerdrum (with contributions by Thurman).
Take the quiz here:
Topics from the conversation:
- The Kitsch Questionnaire wakes people up
- Improving upon nature vs. everyday concerns
- Is a great work made with joy?
- Clarify your values!
- Embracing the richness of life
- A great painting can make you a better person
- Comedy or tragedy?
- Sensual enjoyment is the kitsch experience
- Drama – or like it actually happened
- Is talent given by birth?
- There are objective standards
The conversation was produced by Bork S. Nerdrum and assisted by Cassander Straumsgaard and Kristine Onsrud.
The centerpiece was a 19th century reproduction of G. F. Watts’ Hope.
SHOUTOUT to our TOP SPONSORS!
Jon Harald Aspheim
Anders Berge Christensen
Hårek Jordal Andreassen
Jack Entz Warner
Would you like to get access to exclusive content from The Cave of Apelles?
✨ Become a $5 patron: https://patreon.com/caveofapelles/
Subscribe to our newsletter. It is the only way to make sure that you receive content from us on a regular basis:
Check out our other channels:
School of Apelles: https://bit.ly/3wuWeTA
Culture Wars: https://bit.ly/2PkrYdq
Visit our facebook page:
Make sure to subscribe to our channel over at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/caveofapelles/
For inquiries — email@example.com