Sebastian Salvo Demonstrates How to Paint a Poetic Portrait (Pt. 3)
Jan-Ove Tuv observes as Sebastian Salvo continues painting on his portrait of Melisa Calabria.
Part one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81rNI79vCRI
Part two: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odoIdS9jS7U
Topics discussed in this video include:
- Finding mistakes by looking in the mirror
- Skin should look like the inside of a shell
- The pros of painting from live model
- Forcing cold tones into the face
- Painting something by not painting on it
- Great contrast is not that great
- Van Hoogstraten on colors being friends
- Good ideas can come out of really bad ideas
- Toning things down to enhance the focus
- What to do when you are getting nowhere
- Why not 95% black?
Video produced by Bork Nerdrum.
SHOUTOUT to our TOP SPONSORS!
Jon Harald Aspheim
Anders Berge Christensen
Hårek Jordal Andreassen
Jack Entz Warner
Would you like to get access to exclusive content from The School of Apelles?
✨ Become a $10 patron: https://patreon.com/caveofapelles/
Subscribe to our newsletter. It is the only way to make sure that you receive content from us on a regular basis:
Check out our other channels:
Cave of Apelles | https://bit.ly/3fBGQ1I
Culture Wars | https://bit.ly/2PkrYdq
Visit our facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/caveofapelles Make sure to subscribe to our channel over at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/caveofapelles/ For inquiries — email@example.com