Carl Korsnes and Jan-Ove Tuv sit down to talk about Scott Fitzgerald’s famous novel “The Great Gatsby”.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Making the present eternal
- Condensed storytelling and sensory descriptions
- The rich descriptions of Dickens and Fitzgerald
- Gatsby was a boy who never grew up
- Valley of ashes, broad hips and timelessness
- Killing Myrtle and Daisy’s relationship to Gatsby
- Gatsby’s obsession with recreating the past
- What is important in a story
- Gatsby or the modern Sisyphus
The conversation was filmed and edited by Bork S. Nerdrum.
The centerpiece was a 19th century reproduction of G. F. Watts’ Hope.
SHOUTOUT to our TOP SPONSORS!
Jon Harald Aspheim
Anders Berge Christensen
Hårek Jordal Andreassen
Jack Entz Warner