Will a Laissez-faire Society Lead to the Best and Most Noble Achievements of Mankind?
Jan-Ove Tuv and Carl Korsnes sit down to discuss the pros and cons of capitalism in terms of classical culture. Will a society based on the laissez-faire model lead to the best and most noble achievements of mankind?
Topics discussed in this episode:
• The philosophical roots of cultural politics
• Disguised political propaganda
• What if cultural politics supported classical values?
• The immoral price gap between modern and classical works
• Adam Smith: only virtuous products are sustainable?
• The typical “capitalist” attitude towards culture
• Open markets equals more “diversity”
• The state: as small as possible
• The solution
This conversation was produced by Bork S. Nerdrum and assisted by Melisa Calabria.
The centerpiece was a 19th century reproduction of G. F. Watts’ Hope.
SHOUTOUT to our TOP SPONSORS!
Jon Harald Aspheim
Anders Berge Christensen
Hårek Jordal Andreassen
Jack Entz Warner
Would you like to get access to exclusive content from The Cave of Apelles?
✨ Become a $5 patron: https://patreon.com/caveofapelles/
Subscribe to our newsletter. It is the only way to make sure that you receive content from us on a regular basis:
Check out our other channels:
School of Apelles: https://bit.ly/3wuWeTA
Culture Wars: https://bit.ly/2PkrYdq
Visit our facebook page:
Make sure to subscribe to our channel over at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/caveofapelles/
For inquiries — email@example.com