How to Block in the Big Forms | Portrait from Live Model by William HeimdalWilliam Heimdal paints a portrait of Lasse Bøyum whilst Jan-Ove Tuv asks him questions about his methods and thoughts on painting.
In the full version exclusively available on our Patreon, you will also learn about:
- Painting with Jannik Hösel’s medium
- Making red and green contrasts in a face
- That it is all about getting the big forms
- Not getting hung up on anatomy
- The danger of obsessing over Christ’s left thumb
- Surprising reasons why you are blind to mistakes
- That at the core, the masters are identical
- Balancing the highlights according to the center
- Why Prince William needs a dyer’s boy
- Starting out thick and then paint thinner
▶️ Full video (48 min): https://www.patreon.com/posts/82499685
🎵 Full audio: https://caveofapelles.com/podcast
Video by Bork Nerdrum
SHOUTOUT to our TOP SPONSORS!
Would you like to get access to exclusive content from The School of Apelles?
✨ Become a $10 patron: https://patreon.com/caveofapelles/
Subscribe to our newsletter. It is the only way to make sure that you receive content from us on a regular basis:
Check out our other channels:
Cave of Apelles | https://bit.ly/3fBGQ1I
Culture Wars | https://bit.ly/2PkrYdq
Visit our facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/caveofapelles Make sure to subscribe to our channel over at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/caveofapelles/ For inquiries — firstname.lastname@example.org