Composing a Narrative Self-portrait Painting (2/2) | Demonstration by Melisa Calabria
Melisa Calabria continues working on her composition using her colleague Kristine Onsrud and herself for the same figure, and she gives insightful advice on use of color.
In this video you will learn about:
- Why you establish proportions, placement and value before color
- How to work from memory after the model has left
- Painting hair in “patches”
- Making the facial expression correct according to the action
- Why you should use color from the figure in the background
- The purpose of neutralizing the background
- Nerdrum’s advice on color
SHOUTOUT to our TOP SPONSORS!
Anders Berge Christensen
Jack Entz Warner
Jon Harald Aspheim
Would you like to get access to exclusive content from The School of Apelles?
✨ Become a $10 patron: https://patreon.com/caveofapelles/
Subscribe to our newsletter. It is the only way to make sure that you receive content from us on a regular basis:
Check out our other channels:
Cave of Apelles | https://bit.ly/3fBGQ1I
Culture Wars | https://bit.ly/2PkrYdq
Visit our facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/caveofapelles Make sure to subscribe to our channel over at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/caveofapelles/ For inquiries — [email protected]