How to Paint an Eye from Sketch to Completion (1/2) | Demonstration by Jannik HöselJan-Ove Tuv observes as Jannik Hösel demonstrates how he paints an eye from sketch to completion with the rembrandtesque Osamu Obi medium.
Also watch how Hösel mixes his medium:
In this video you will learn about:
- Starting in Grisaille, focusing on texture
- Painting with Jannik’s “Rembrandt” medium and chalk
- Emulating the structure of skin to catch light in a realistic way
- Direction of strokes relating to the direction of light
- Using the ground as a middle tone
- Painting thinner to make colors grayer
- Keeping the interaction of different layers in mind
- The “Rembrandt application” actually not being that thick
- The importance of quick and short brush strokes
- Passive, warm shadows
- Painting on the whole motif simultaneously
- Illusion of details coming from texture
- “The Devil’s Brush” and the back of the brush for detail
- Effects you get using your destroyed/worn brushes
Filmed and edited by Bork Nerdrum.
SHOUTOUT to our TOP SPONSORS!
Would you like to get access to exclusive content from The School of Apelles?
✨ Become a $10 patron: https://patreon.com/caveofapelles/
Subscribe to our newsletter. It is the only way to make sure that you receive content from us on a regular basis:
Check out our other channels:
Cave of Apelles | https://bit.ly/3fBGQ1I
Culture Wars | https://bit.ly/2PkrYdq
Visit our facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/caveofapelles Make sure to subscribe to our channel over at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/caveofapelles/ For inquiries — email@example.com