Nic Thurman on Late Rembrandt & Titian and Why you Should Avoid the Color Blue | ⭐ Bonus
Tonight’s guest is the painter and member of the Order of Memorosa, Nic Thurman.
Watch the featured interview with Thurman, where he talks about how modernism originates with Kant and Hegel and why Kitsch is a viable alternative.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Why Pollock is not the modern day Rembrandt
- Almost identical: Late Titian and Late Rembrandt
- Titian was Aristotelian, not the first impressionist
- Are some of the Memorosa Dogmas too specific?
- The color blue weakens the storytelling
- Using orange instead of red and yellow
- Moby Dick
- Kitsch & Art History Quiz
🎵 Full audio: https://caveofapelles.com/podcast
SHOUTOUT to our TOP SPONSORS!
Anders Berge Christensen
Jack Entz Warner
Jon Harald Aspheim
Would you like to get access to exclusive content from The Cave of Apelles?
✨ Become a $5 patron: https://patreon.com/caveofapelles/
Subscribe to our newsletter. It is the only way to make sure that you receive content from us on a regular basis:
Check out our other channels:
School of Apelles: https://bit.ly/3wuWeTA
Culture Wars: https://bit.ly/2PkrYdq
Visit our facebook page:
Make sure to subscribe to our channel over at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/caveofapelles/
For inquiries — email@example.com