Jan-Ove Tuv Demonstrates How to Paint Old-Masterly with Watercolor (Pt. 2)
Watercolor and old master painting are not usually seen as equals, but why should they not be?
Jan-Ove Tuv is a kitsch-painter and the show host of @Cave of Apelles . In this video, he demonstrates a technique that allows you to take watercolor to another level.
Part one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPcxKihn-iE
In this video you will learn about:
- Establishing an «anchor point» from which you can correct everything else
- Thinking rhythmically and measuring angles to achieve correct proportions
- How to «dig» and push color around
- How to pick up color with paper to achieve lighter values
- Being aware of how wet and dry areas influence the flow of the color
▶️ Full video: https://patreon.com/caveofapelles
🎵 Full audio: http://caveofapelles.com/podcast
Video produced by Bork Nerdrum.
SHOUTOUT to our TOP SPONSORS!
Anders Berge Christensen
Hårek Jordal Andreassen
Jack Entz Warner
Jon Harald Aspheim
Would you like to get access to exclusive content from The School of Apelles?
✨ Become a $10 patron: https://patreon.com/caveofapelles/
Subscribe to our newsletter. It is the only way to make sure that you receive content from us on a regular basis:
Check out our other channels:
Cave of Apelles | https://bit.ly/3fBGQ1I
Culture Wars | https://bit.ly/2PkrYdq
Visit our facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/caveofapelles Make sure to subscribe to our channel over at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/caveofapelles/ For inquiries — firstname.lastname@example.org