Fusing a Plen Air Study & Old Masters | Sebastian Salvo Paints a Two-Figure Composition (Pt. 2)
Jan-Ove Tuv visits Sebastian Salvo to observe him as he continues to work on a two-figure composition of a loving couple in his studio.
In this video you will learn about:
- Combining a plen-air study and masterworks in a composition
- Slowly developing a synthesized landscape
- Arranging dark/light, big shapes and general color range first
- Contrasting vertical vs horizontal lines
- How changes of temperature can be enough
- Establishing a rhythmic connection between different elements
- The importance of repetition and variation
▶️ Full video (1 hour 10 min): https://patreon.com/caveofapelles
🎵 Full audio: https://caveofapelles.com/podcast
SHOUTOUT to our TOP SPONSORS!
Would you like to get access to exclusive content from The School of Apelles?
✨ Become a $10 patron: https://patreon.com/caveofapelles/
Subscribe to our newsletter. It is the only way to make sure that you receive content from us on a regular basis:
Check out our other channels:
Cave of Apelles | https://bit.ly/3fBGQ1I
Culture Wars | https://bit.ly/2PkrYdq
Visit our facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/caveofapelles Make sure to subscribe to our channel over at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/caveofapelles/ For inquiries — firstname.lastname@example.org